Cellulite refers to fat deposits present just under the skin, primarily in body areas like the thighs, legs, and buttocks. Affected skin thus has a dimpled or bumpy appearance. The most common causes of cellulite include diet, hormones, and genetics, etc. Thin as well as overweight people can suffer from cellulite. More women are prone to this disorder than men.
Cellulite on the thighs and legs can be treated with varied medical procedures including surgeries. Their effects are however temporary. The best way to get rid of cellulite on thighs and legs is by natural means. It also offers more permanent results.
Some of the common ways to naturally get rid of cellulite on thighs and legs are discussed below.
- Cellulite is generally considered as a side effect of unhealthy diets, especially one laden with junk and processed foods. Frequent and severe crash dieting can also result in cellulite. Hence, intake of a balanced diet rich in green leafy vegetables and proteins can help naturally get rid of cellulite in thighs and legs.
- Drinking green tea helps improve metabolism and blood circulation, burns fat, and stops the production of enzymes that absorb fat.
- Keep the body adequately hydrated, drink lots of fluids and water, and consume vegetables and fruits with high water content such as cucumbers, watermelons, etc., to naturally get rid of cellulite in thighs and legs.
- Eating gelatin is another natural way to alleviate cellulite occurrence. Gelatin consists of amino acids and proteins that help build muscles. It is also rich in dietary collagen, thereby facilitating tightening of loose skin as well as helping it grow.
- Research has shown that eating Omega-3 fatty acids and fat soluble vitamins can reduce cellulite naturally.
- The metabolic rate improves substantially via regular exercises. Enhanced metabolism in turn helps burn fat, improves blood flow, and tones and firms the body leading to a glowing skin with reduced instances of dimpled skin.As discussed below, an active lifestyle consisting of cardio and strength training can help naturally get rid of cellulite on thighs and legs.
- Stress can result in hormonal changes in the body and cause cellulite development. Exercising regularly can help alleviate stress, eventually leading to reduced hormonal imbalances and lowered cellulite.
- The thighs and legs can get a great workout as well as enhanced blood circulation via Kettlebells. Kettlebells also help burn fat and grow muscles. It is thus one of the best ways to naturally get rid of cellulite on thighs and legs
Weight training exercises: These are awesome workouts for naturally getting rid of cellulite on thighs and legs. They may be done with or without weights.
- For performing leg lifts, lie on the floor on the side with the legs on top of each other in an extended position, and with one hand supporting the head and the other on the floor in front of the waist. Slowly lift one leg as far up as possible and then stay in that position for 30 seconds or more. Change positions and repeat with other leg.
- Lunges are great for slimming the thighs, seated leg raise helps decrease cellulite on the front of the thighs and legs, squats help strengthen the legs and thighs as well as reduce fat in these areas, step-ups help burn thigh cellulite and increase stamina, while seated bridge can be used to work out the back portion of the legs and thighs.
Cardio exercises: Some of the best cardio workouts include running, cycling, freestyle swimming, and skipping or jumping.
- Running is not only fun but also a great stress buster. It is also one of the best ways to get rid of cellulite and fat occurring in the thighs and legs. Jog for about 10 minutes before you start running. Wear good quality shoes when running. Walk or jog for 5 minutes before‘cool down’ and later end with stretching exercises.
- Jumping on a trampoline and rope skipping help burn calories, especially the fat-laden cellulite on the thighs and legs. Begin slowly before increasing the pace and duration of these workouts.
- Freestyle swimming, with its continuous flapping leg movements, not only helps naturally get rid of cellulite on thighs and legs, but also offers an exhilarating and energizing full body workout. Other health benefits include stretching of the body, higher cardiac and lung capacity, and strengthening and toning of the muscles.
- You can cycle on a stationary bicycle at a gym or use the conventional cycle. Take a break or two and keep the body hydrated during this cellulite decreasing cardio workout. Cycle for about an hour about 5 times a week.
- Another way to naturally get rid of cellulite on thighs and legs is via exfoliation. You may make use of natural body scrubs, coffee scrubs, dry brushing, detox baths, brushes, stones, and other kinds of natural exfoliants to improve blood circulation, remove the dead skin cells, tighten the skin, reduce water retention, and add a smooth and glowing appearance to the skin.
- Essential oil massages:Massaging the thighs and legs with essential oils like juniper and rosemary, etc. and emollients can help get rid of cellulite. It will rejuvenate the skin cells as well as detoxify the skin and make it firm. Emollients add moisture to the skin and make it supple and soft.You may combine essential oils with various carrier oils like olive oil, almond oil, Cyprus oil (for enhancing blood circulation and alleviating varicose veins and water retention), grapefruit oil (for enhancing lymphatic system functions and detoxification and toning of the body), and coconut oil (for tightening the skin and making it soft and silky).
- Myofascial massage: It is believed that cellulite forms in a fibrous layer of connective tissue present below the fat-cells containing layer of skin. A sedentary lifestyle, injuries, and irregular exercising can make this layer coarse, dimpled, and less elastic. This skin abnormality can be naturally corrected and smoothened via a myofascial massage.
- Body wraps are not only a wonderful beauty treatment, but also a comfortable way to get rid of cellulite on thighs and legs. The wraps tone the skin, while the varied clays detoxify the body. People who are adept at wrapping themselves will find this method to be quite useful. You may also take the help of others to wrap the cellulite affected areas so that the process does not create a mess. Body wraps need to be worn for at least an hour. You may go for seaweed-clay body wraps, coffee body wraps, or essential oil body wraps, etc.